Re: Heroquest tuning

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:37:04 -0700 (PDT)

David:

> So I'm thinking about implementing a hint system. The idea is that for most
>myths, you'd get one hint.
> For myths where you knew the secret version, you'd get two. Then at a decision
>point, you could use
> a hint, and you'd see the "best" choice.

Maybe you could make the number of hints depend on other things as well. The one that comes to mind is whether you sent an appropriate person on the heroquest. In other Gloranthan games, you usually send a crowd, but KoDP abstracts this by selecting a single heroquester. So, you might have to send your Elmali thane on the heroquest to even get one hint; after all, he's the one who knows these kinds of things. Maybe some of the treasures give another hint. Having the right kind of person as your chief might do the trick, too.

Chris