Re: Re: To dig up an old question.....any chance of an Android port?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 05:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

I'd mentioned in one of my posts about how I'd be using my new phone for the next three years.  Typical smart phone deals are that you pay less than the cost of the phone, but sign up to a three year contract.  If you cancel before the three years are up, you pay back the (usually pro-rated) difference in the price of the phone.  Given that the carriers can buy the phones for much less than they sell at retail, it is a cheap and easy way for them to keep customers locked in.

If you buy an ipad, it will typically not be under a plan, so you can change whenever you want.  Of course, if you buy a smart phone outright, with the subsidy baked into the plan, the same applies.  You just need to have the cash on hand.

 From: James Sterrett <James.Sterrett_at_gmail.com> To: KingOfDragonPass_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:24:03 AM Subject: Re: Re: To dig up an old question.....any chance of an Android port?

> IMO, the new iPad is absolutely the best platform for the game — comfortable layout with super crisp text. And there's no contract, so you could change your mind in less than 3 years.

Not being part of the Appleverse, I'm curious what you mean about a 3 year contract?

--
James Sterrett
james.sterrett_at_...