Re: New to the group with some possibly dumb questions...

From: Curtis <curtis3331_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 20:51:51 -0000

Bryan Thexton pretty well nailed this. The only point I'd amplify is that in order to keep your clan magic high you should always behave in accordance with the way your Ancestors did things. If your Ancestors are happy with you, your clan magic won't remain low long. When decision points come, like "What should we do about these dinosaur eggs?", if you decide the way your Ancestors would've you can bank on two points being instantly added to your clan magic, and I've seen it go as high as four or five, though rarely.

I've never found a 'reliable' source of Spirit Fetches, but usually when you get the chance to buy them you can buy up to five, so make sure you're in a position to take advantage of that opportunity when it comes.

I think you must be generally scanning over all the hexes along one line of travel between your Tula and the objective hex, since those hexes will 'unghost' and appear on your map as explored. Also, not infrequently I have explorations aborted/interrupted between the Tula and the target hex, though usually that results in no additional hexes being unghosted, so who knows? You are remembering to explore slowly, right?

There's nothing wrong with approaching the game from a wargaming perspective. In fact, my impression is that working to maximize gains/minimize losses actually helps you to stay in character. (Said alternatively, staying in character helps you to minimax, which is the sign of a good roleplaying game.)

Note that my responses are based on the final Mac version of the game, not the iOS version.