Re: Savegame hacking redux

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 07:16:24 -0800 (PST)

Yup, I'm running the GoB version with no problems.  Haven't been playing very intently, but do have a clan just starting on tribe making, and so far I've hit no bugs.

 From: outis02 <uly_at_...>
To: KingOfDragonPass_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2012 6:09:13 AM Subject: Savegame hacking redux

Over the years, I've received several requests to repost my KoDP savegame editing template. Instead of replying individually, I've decided to just post it again. So here it is:

http://pastebin.com/cqutscFx

The file is made with and used on 010 Editor, but the basic structure can (probably) be used by most hex editors -- with some modification. Ignore all the SetColor() functions; that's just cosmetic.

I encourage everyone who're interested to share your findings. I'm especially curious about the personality traits. Of course I trust that our game hacking should in no way affect the players who prefer to play games the orthodox (boring!) way.

I myself have not touched KoDP for years; can't run it on my x64 Win7. Haven't gotten around to try the GOG update. Anyone's tested it?