Re: Early game procedure

From: Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 12:04:24 -0400

Personally, I put max initial magic into Mysteries and Health. My first action is always to reorganize my ring. Then I readjust the amount planted until the amount to be harvested stops going up, even though that makes the farmers complain that they're being overworked. After that I build a watch tower and hire max weaponthanes (even if I'm a Peace Clan). Then I readjust crafting to give me a surplus of goods (for sacrificing for mysteries) and send out as many hunters as my land will support (I always begin with Huge Tracts, Much More Than Needed, so that's a lot).

After that I start learning mysteries. My first one is always Pathfinder. My second is one of Uralda's blessings; I prefer Calf Blessing but I'll take Milk Blessing. I can learn about three mysteries a year as long as I put full magic into it at Sacred Time, so I do that. Once I have Pathfinder, I alternate sacrificing for mysteries and exploring, but I never send out my Bargainers; I know they're the best explorers but they're also the most valuable ring members I have. I send out the elderly and those with lower skills.

--
Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>