Re: Who hit the Bat?

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:54:48 -0000

Howdy again -

> > Shows how sloppy some of my thinking is at this
> > point. :)
>
> Just an unintended consequence that you overlooked.
> These things happen, and are one of the reasons for
> making this a group effort.

Yep. Small groups can write really cool things.

> OK. We just need reasons for all of this, which may
> come out in time, and many of which probably aren't
> related to Whitewall at all. Events in Sartar will be
> of more interest to her, after all.

Yeah. Any ideas about what Kallyr's "personal service" to King Broyan was? Was she part of his ring?

> I know of a few bits of (personal campaign) story that
> assume Kallyr was at least involved in the Bat-blat,
> if not leading it, so I think ruling her out this
> early may well be a bad idea. Let's keep options open.

Sure - I just would recommend against her being the central figure in the Bat-blat.

> > Does Kallyr's power and
> > leadership become apparent only as the siege wears
> > on,
>
> According to the OiD write-up, she's already extremely
> powerful, and has been known for it for some time. So
> I'm not sure.

I think her power was already apparent, but not her leadership or judgment.

> > gradually
> > eclipsing her friend and former master, and possibly
> > generating leadership tensions?
>
> Tensions are good.... quite possibly Broyan and Kallyr
> get on fine, but their *followers* compete?

Do we really need Achilles and Agammemnon here? Isn't Harrek going to fulfill that role enough?

> Possibly she's a great individual hero, but lousy as a
> leader of more than a small group? See 1613 for
> examples :) If you wanted someone to run both
> characters, you'd have a roleplayer for Kallyr and a
> wargamer for Broyan. At this stage, anyway. By 1625
> she seems to have learnt a lot.

I fully agree with this - except I'd have a roleplayer for Broyan as well. Poor Jorskandros gets to be the wargamer!

Jeff