RE: K v B

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:56:16 -0800

Jane -
> > Presumably this has something to do with the
> > Starbrow Gem?
> The gadget with the unspecified 1W2 abilities?

You're right. Maybe not.

> We looked at the contest synopsis for the various
> hero-bands: Kallyr, Broyan, and so on. We were very
> worried to find that our little group of PCs
> (admittedly mainly Devotees of Humakt) would thrash
> them in a straight fight. Now, if they had any sense
> at all, it wouldn't *be* a straight fight, but even
> so! Close combat for Kallyr's group topping out at
> 11W2???

Well, I don't think that the writers of the character stats are anywhere near as creative in augmenting as my players. With some preparation, I think that Kallyr's group is quickly at around 20M3 at least.

> > Personally, I find that constant repetition of the
> > same thematic conflict in a saga to get old
> But Orlanthi *do* this. In fact, having Kallyr and
> Broyan not in conflict really will be the startling
> surprise!
> > Unless it is something in Kallyr's personality that
> > makes her a poor
> > subordinate. Maybe she chafes at being out of the
> > limelight?
> Quite possibly, yes.

Then I will go along with this. Kallyr might leave Whitewall because (1) she thinks she can be more useful to the Rebellion working amongst the Quivini; and (2) she hates playing second fiddle.

> >(Forgive
> > me, but I view Kallyr through my the lens of my own
> > Colymar campaigns -
> > we've been suspicious of Kallyr as a self-promoting
> > and divisive glory-hound).
> Fair description back then, I suspect, if a little
> biased. I still see her as an idiot who shouldn't be
> let out without a keeper, but a nice one.

I don't see her as an idiot - or particularly nice. Just very very loyal to her followers, to the Rebellion and to the Kingdom of Sartar.

> So perhaps she's learnt from that? One hopes she
> learnt *something* from 1613, after all!

I think she has learned quite a bit from 1613. I imagine that the Rebellion's failure was deeply shocking to her. And the recriminations towards her must have sucked as well.

> > Leika Beti (assuming she is one of Broyan's
> > companions)?
> That's quite an assumption. Maybe she's the hot-head
> who decides that Broyan's a suicidal idiot and they
> need a new leader?

Where else is she? We know she went to the Holy Country after 1615.

BTW, I've never really liked Leika Beti - she seemed to be just a pale Kallyr clone.

> > Other heroes?
> Better go through them one by one. Or see how many
> each one.

Any takers for a heroes list? Which of the OiD gang was down in Whitewall?

 Jeff