RE: Re: K v B

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:30:31 -0800

John -

> One of my particular schticks with this is that WW becomes a
> microcosm of Dragon Pass. Every thing that divided the tribes
will

> manifest in some way during the siege - Multiple potential
leaders,

> Elmal vs Yelmalio, old feuds. To the extent that some of them
get

> solved clears the way for real unity after Fibulwinter.

This is a great schtick. Well we can think of one that gets solved - multiple potential leaders. There must be some point where Broyan asserts his leadership over all the competiting claims and gets recognized as the last free king, even by those who might make that claim (Kallyr, Leika, Kallai?).

> Taking my hurley stick and ball and going off in a hissy fit
is very

> Orlanthi. In WW, in one sense, you can't run away. You *have*
to fix

> your mistakes. Or everyone dies. Though I suspect this is
more 1621

> than 1619.

Maybe it was just more self-aware in 1621. However, I like the idea that things just "clicked" in 1619. Somehow, the defenders all cooperated and defeated the Bat.

Jeff