RE: Re: Who hit the Bat?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:45:58 +0100 (CET)

Jeff Richard

>> Leadership tensions are more novelistic than straight description,
>> and can be read in to situations. I imagine our initial goal is to
>> concentrate on actions and events, leaving some freedom for
>> alternative interpretations about motivatons. This is easier in the
>> personal stuff I'm doing, Kallyrkarla, where I have identified a
>> number of different skalds and their respective biases.
>> My suggestion is that we nominate or invent a number of other
>> potential 'leaders' during the seige, to add to the intrigue and
>> tension. Being able to kill them off is good too. :)

> Sure. First let's figure out who we know were there. Broyan and > Kallyr.

> Who do we know who might have been there?

> I nominate Leiki Beti,

Seconded.

> Beneva Chan (who dies), Kallai Rockbuster (who dies),

IMG they were part of the rebel leaders who joined Termertain's household and returned to Boldhome, only to be killed in the Chaos incident on Storm Bull's High Holy Day. My "official" source for this deduction is a draft version of CHDP which has a few more details on the Starbrow Rebellion than the final version in King of Sartar.

> Maniskisson,

Probably yes. However, Jane's foodman theory ties Kallyr's Foodman to the victor of Sword Hill in 1627.

> Orngerin Thundercape, Minaryth Purple, and Elmalandti Bluespruce.

Agreed.

> Any more nominations?

The DP boardgame unit leaders mentioned in RQA Whitewall.

Krise, Goldgotti, ...

>> Independents to show up, look around, take notes and join in the fun
>> for a day or ten. And wolf pirates have already raided the coast. So
>> there's potentioal, if not for Harrek, than at least for a buddy.

> I don't think the wolf pirates should join in on the fun - they should > be a potential problem for both the Lunars and the Defenders.

i.e. they appear as unruly mercenaries?