Bat priests and bias

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:12:28 +0000 (GMT)

> Another possibility (and a homeric one at that). As
> part of
> the repulse of the Crimson Bat, the heroes of
> Whitewall
> have captured the Bat's high priest or at least his
> corpse.

Later on, there's *a* Bat priest holed up in Sun County. Is there a link here?

> Finally the story of Whitewall's fall need not have
> happened
> precisely as laid out in King of Sartar. We must
> remember
> that we only have a single source and we all know
> the perils
> of intelligence based on such a source. What has
> been
> left out? What does the compiler of the CHDP not
> want people to remember?

You're right, it's Denseros the Unbiased again, isn't it?

Last time we looked at him, his main objective is to make Argrath (whatever he's calling himself at present) look good. He writes sympathetically about Fazzur. And he does his best to write Kallyr out of history (though goes on about the "good queen": he seems to like her). I can't remember if he had any particular bias relating to Broyan or not.

However he also has LM priests with truth detection listening to the first reading of his History, so each indovidual fact is going to be True. It's just the way they're put together that will be deliberately misleading.

Jane Williams