Re: Re: A Suggestion On Process & Progress

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:13:11 +0100 (CET)

Tim Blackler

> If you need any help, databases are my stock in trade as well (although
> i'd generally prefer a "proper" engine MySQL or PostgreSQL, rather than
> Access).

> And freebee sites with PHP/MySQL/PostgreSQL support are 2-a-penny
> nowadays.....You always wanted to learn PHP didn't you ?

Although much of this ought to be discussed privately, setting up such a site would be a "proper" way to handle document versions etc.

It's me and not Jane who always wanted to learn PHP... ;)

Anyway, I do have the data (in Access 7.0, can't get MySQL running on my XP HOme Laptop), and I have an idea about structuring it etc. I'd like to see a live version of this.

How to proceed:

I will produce a stripped down version of my database and put it up in the files section by Monday, and then we can have a look at how and whether to implement that for this group. Okay?

Cheers,

J�rg