Re: A Suggestion On Process & Progress

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 18:02:22 -0000

Joerg:
> > Yeah, that is my understanding as well. Their role and their
> > relationship to Whitewall I think is up in the air. I am
inclined
> > to want to keep them out of it - in part because the Kitori later
> > kill Broyan (or at least release the demon that kills him), and
in
> > part because they are so Gregable.
>
> I would include a faction of Argan Argar troll traders
nonetheless. Their
> Kitori identity could be left unclear. As for darkness-worshipping
humans,
> I've already suggested that Black Arkati might be part of the Bat-
Slaying.

> Whether any of these are Kitori could remain a referee's option.

Keep the Argan Argar troll traders! However we need to work in the Night Jumpers as well. Another model hero band?

> > I think we need to have a bit of the Tarkalor backstory - that
will
> > help sort out the Volsaxi (although I don't think it is as
important
> > as it used to be, now that we have the Hargrand the Green
stories).
> Tarkalor remains essential to the Kitori grudges.

I agree. And this Kitori grudge should have a role in WW.

> > That was my conclusion as well. Actually, my Dawn Age map has
> > Seriasdara on the upper Marzeel river IIRC.
>
> That would translate as Karstanstead?

Hard to tell on my map. Could be Karstenstead (which would make sense for the library of Derensev to be there).

Just checked my First Age notes - Whitewall appears to have been built after the Dawn. Maybe by the great Heortling Artist? It is still in Garanvuliland though.

> > My point is that we might be able to draw on some Dawn Age
threads
> > for WW - like Garan and Serias - that might introduce some new
and
> > cool minor Orlanthi myths into the story.
>
> I'm all for this approach, although I have to quibble that Garan
and
> Serias are Greater Darkness and Silver Age characters.

I agree. My Dawn Age notes are the just source of most of my Greater Darkness and Silver Age myths.

Jeff