Heroes: the spreadsheet becomes a database

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:02:47 -0000

It has been correctly stated that the Yahoo "database" is a bit on the feeble side. But it's still quite good for some things, and holding our list of heroes may well be one of them. So I've taken John's spreadsheet and turned it into a Database. And added a bit more data.

We can now all add lines without all the trouble of down-loading, uploading, John having ten different lots of updates to sort out....

Only mods can edit records, at present (though we can change that).

And I'd suggest that dates are entered in the format I've used: year/season/week/day, numeric. Because then we can sort by them. If season names etc were in alphabetical order, we coud have kept the names, but they're not.