Re: Re: A Suggestion On Process & Progress

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 09:54:12 +0000 (GMT)

> Although much of this ought to be discussed
> privately, setting up such a
> site would be a "proper" way to handle document
> versions etc.

It would. And a job like that is not trivial (I've done a couple in work now).

> It's me and not Jane who always wanted to learn
> PHP... ;)
Actually, so did I. (It's a programming language, I don't yet know it, therefore...) But I don't have time. :(

> Anyway, I do have the data (in Access 7.0, can't get
> MySQL running on my XP HOme Laptop),

Same here.
> How to proceed:
>
> I will produce a stripped down version of my
> database and put it up in the
> files section by Monday, and then we can have a look
> at how and whether to
> implement that for this group. Okay?

Yep. I should be able to help with DB structure at least.

Give some thought to the representation of Gloranthan dates, too. We need to be able to sort by them. My solution in the Yahoo "db" is workable, but not ideal.