Broyan: the early years

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 10:06:14 +0000 (GMT)

> Still, I'd like to see Broyan's history during
> Kallyr's revolt and before 1619.

Me too. When did Broyan and Kallyr first meet, and how? That could be quite important.

I'm pretty sure it was before 1613, because she fled straight to Whitewall: it must have been a known safe haven.

My own guess in the past was that a rather young and impulsive Broyan showed up for the Telmori wars in Sartar; any excuse to fight the Lunars! I'm absolutely sure that Kallyr was involved, given the support the Telmori gave her later. So they met in 1607? Both getting treated like idiot children by Kostajor, for very good reason?

This fits KoS fine, but I'm not sure if later sources may have contradicted it.

Oh, and what was Broyan doing in 1613? Friendly, but not helping directly.

Jane Williams