Re: Heortland Civil War

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:37:41 -0800

Actually I like the inconsistent dates - it adds complexity.

So Hargrand the Green reestablishes the Volsaxi at Whitewall circa 1400 (prior to that the Volsaxar were at Kartenstead). I would like the Larnsti to be involved in this - they have been replaced by the Shire-reeves and it explains Broyan's leadership of the Larnsti.

Btw - I would like to suggest that Broyan leads not a faction of the Lansti, but the whole damn heroband. I see nothing incompatible with Vingkot being the leader of the Larnsti (whatever they are).

So in the 1500s the kitori (supported by the Pharoah) assert dominance over the marzeel valley. The Volsaxar retreat to Whitewall and ally with Tarkalor to defeat the Kitori and reclaim their old lands. Or something like that (maybe they lose their regalia only to recover it in 1560 or so).

Jeff