Re: A Suggestion On Process & Progress

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 19:18:21 -0000

> > Access barfs when you get into double figures)

> Access barfs on *single* figures, but fortunately most front-end
interfaces only
> use one user :)

> > I notice Joe mentioned using a WikiWiki server for collaborative
editing.
> > I've never used one myself, but I notice there there are a few
free ones on
> > sourceforge.

> I know nought about them, but if they do the job, fine. No need to
re-invent any
> wheels.

THe problem with any Wikiwiki solution I have worked with is to keep the documents from accidental deletion. Most WikiWikis don't think much about access control or document history.

On the other hand, working with them is _very_ intuitive, and you get a database of interlinked documents in no time short. If it is no trouble to set up, I'd like to see a test version on some topic running around here. We used one in my home gaming group, and it was the best detailed character background I have seen so far in any of my games. Ought to work for a project like this, too.