Re: Whitewall; Re: Quick Sketch of Whitewall

From: pedrodevaca <pavis_gm_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 23:48:27 -0000

> > Yes, the plateau is supposed to continue to the
> > right of the picture,
>
> Thus becoming "boat-shaped"? I couldn't figure this
> out from the picture.

Well, I don't think I figured out the boat shape either. Personally I was imagining a boat shape the same way that Ursa Major is shaped like a bear - you have to squint alot and it helps to be several glasses of gin up.

But I imagine the plataeu continuing to the right, being very flat and mesa-like and relatively thin. Thus it would be skinny with Whitewall resting at one tip. Shaped like this you could see how it might be called boat-shaped (or ship) with Whitewall being the prow. The only accessible way up without climbing gear is Tarkalor's Gate, but there are several small outposts along the mesa rim as watch points. I wasn't sure how large the mesa is, but there could be outbuildings, residences, or a small village and, depending on the climate (Heortland experts?) a few small plots for farming.

> The picture, and the descripion so far, reminds me of
> Boldhome. Is this intentional? Whitewall is far older,
> of course, but Tarkalor's Bridge is a post-Boldhome
> addition.

Honestly, I know little of Boldhome except the prophecy fulfilled by Sartar and the bit from LoT, thus the similarites were not intentional. However, imo the canon descriptions seem to give a similar feel.

(Shameless plea: if anyone has a copy of a Rough Guide to Boldhome I would pay with plenty of tiger pelts and cold hard sea shells - and lots of gin! ahem).