Re: Re: FOUNDATION DOC: Forces and Numbers

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 00:25:03 GMT

In message <20040307210800.75352.qmail_at_...> Gianfranco Geroldi writes:

[siege train]

>Just a couple of hundred? And the labour force? Add a
>five hundred slaves hired from any sartarite clan on
>the road. They would provide a funny problem for the
>Volsaxi (when they are winning): should we free those
>fellows or finish up that regiment? The indecision
>could provide time for the Imperials to regroup and
>push back the Garrison of Whitewall's sortie.

That's what the 1,500 labour and cannon fodder is for, need to keep them busy between attacks otherwise they'll get up to all sorts of trouble.

I rather like the idea of Sartarite slaves though, perhaps a whole clan enslaved for not paying their taxes.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/