Re: Re: Quick Sketch of Whitewall

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:03:37 +1300

At 10:48 AM 3/8/04 +0000, you wrote:

> > The Flying Land mentioned in Elder Secrets
> > could be used.

>Don't recall this. My ES was borrowed by player c.1996. He was a
>Lanbril, too.

Perhaps the pictures made him do it?

>'Please explain'.

This is obscure stuff and it seems to me to be one of the things that Greg made up and forgot about.

         THE FLYING LAND

         A great body of air flies slowly and majestically through the
         atmosphere of Glorantha.  It is home to a band of immortals,
         either the lesser children of great gods or of great mortals
         who have earned eternal existence.  It is usually disguised
         behind a vast storm of thunderous clouds.  When it goes
         overhead it blots out all life below, save for a single blinding
         hot point of light almost five kilometres wide.  A high priest
         of Dayzatar once looked up into the Floating Land and said
         it was a transparent pool where golden fishes of the Sun swim.
         Garanmador, an Orlanthi hero, who helped throw down the
         Empire of the Wyrm Friends, went there to get the Sword of
         Five Dooms and is said to have retired there.  Its appearance
         is said to bring disaster to all in its shadow.

It doesn't fit very well sadly.

--Peter Metcalfe