Re: A Stab at the Geology

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:33:52 -0000

Jane:
>>And I seem to remember back in the days of RQ2, there
>>were things called power storage crystals. Could we
>>have something like these, but bigger and very
>>immovable, built into the Wind temple?

Trotsky:
> I've always assumed these things still exist in HQ - they were, after
> all, part of the background, not just part of the rules. High quality
> quartz is an example of exactly the sort of form such crystals might
> take, IMO. (The rarer spell reinforcing and so forth crystals being
> composed of more exotic minerals, at least IMG).

Quartz is mythically appropriate, too - its piezo-electric properties cause it to give off sparks when hit, and quite powerful ones.

I'd reserve the magical properties for decently sized monocrystals, though. To build an entire fortress out of magically chargeable crystals would be quite gross...