Coopting Heler & other lunar assaults.

From: dzo01 <dzo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:10:07 -0000

Actually, rereading OID the "Heler Winds rain acid" is specifically mentioned as a lunar assault with a result that "the white hill and walls are scoured clean".

So, we do know that this particular event is a specific lunar intigated attack on the city so I do think that it is open for speculation on how they did it.

The other assaults are mentioned in OID and in John's excellent Progress of the Sienge document.

Two that are particulalry interesting are:

"Slime ascends the citadel and flows over the walls (It turns to water and flows away.)"

This certainly sounds like an invocation of chaos to me - perhaps Porcharngo or the Gorp god? The response is particularly cool - changing things is classic Lanarsti magic so here we have an excellnt use for Broyan's Lanarsti!

The other is the demigod burrowing under the walls - who is he? An earth spirit, if so why does the earth awake to repell him? Other possibilities include karshtkids, troll gods or mostali. Other suggestions?

> > In any case I assume this is going to be late in the siege.

Yep, 1621.

Yak