RE: Coopting Heler & other lunar assaults.

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:34:09 -0800

> Actually, rereading OID the "Heler Winds rain acid" is specifically
> mentioned as a lunar assault with a result that "the white hill and
> walls are scoured clean".
> So, we do know that this particular event is a specific lunar
> intigated attack on the city so I do think that it is open for
> speculation on how they did it.

You are absolutely right.

> "Slime ascends the citadel and flows over the walls (It turns to
> water and flows away.)"

Yep, it's the Great Darkness.

 >> > In any case I assume this is going to be late in the siege.
> Yep, 1621.

So what do we make of the fact that:

"WE HAVE FOOLED THE RED GODDESS AGAIN. NO ONE WAS IN WHITEWALL FOR ALL THOSE MONTHS. WE LIVED IN ICE REFUGE, A STEAD HALL ATOP STORMWALK. THE OLD WIND PROPHET SPOKE TO US THERE. WE ALL REMEMBER THIS MESSAGE." (For more information on Ice Refuge, see Storm Tribe, pg. 129).

We need to work this in better to the siege. I think we should take this at face value - for "all those months" no one was in Whitewall. Instead Broyan and company were in Ice Refuge atop Stormwalk.

Jeff