Re: CHARACTERS: Broyan

From: dzo01 <dzo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:32:46 -0000

I must disagree with this (relatively strongly). To me it sounds like good Orlanthi propaganda. "Nope, we didn't just get our arses handed to us on a plate and don't worry about the fact that you have no magic and find it difficult to breath, 'cause we just thumbed our noses at the lunars. They took the city we've been trying desperately to defend for the last 3 years, but its OK -we weren't there. So there!"

It also shortcircuts any number of good stories. Where is the drama, the sense of impending doom and the last minute efforts to get out before the lunar axe falls?

It also doesn't square with what we know of the final timetable of lunar assaults - "the besieged eat eagle meat that night."

But mostly it isn't MGF...

Yak