Re: Whitewall Landscape Daimons

From: pedrodevaca <pavis_gm_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:47:41 -0000

> My only slight query would be that--as the Oliver's current myth
> stands--the tor is a product of Helamakt's defeated briny foes. At
> first glance, this would seem to suggest some quelled Sea force or
> remnant of the mighty gods and godlings battle, that was not
> destroyed.
>
> This would not necessarily be that impressed with the Storm Tribe,
> and might act under force rather than through altruism. Perhaps at
> the finale of the conflict he saw some power squirming in the
morass
> of defeated foes and cast down Searing Bolt (*his* one) in one step
> scorching the tor to marble and sealing the daimon inside.
>
> The daimon might therefore be a rather complex force, not entirely
in
> line with the Orlanthi defenders and one to be entreated carefully.
> Maybe it seeks again the seas, and is a 'one shot weapon' to be
used
> in return for his release, so that it can rage across the land to
the
> rivers, and thence to the sea.
>
> Of course, the other tack is to have some later element that
supplies
> the daimon, more friendly to the Orlanthi.

Oliver's story is good stuff and much better than my similar suggestion.

I like the idea of the daimon being left over from the great battles. It has been forced into working with Whitewall. What I like most about it is that it provides an opportunity for the Lunar questers to contact it and negotiate its release in return for help.

Brainstorming some water powers that the daimone might possess changing color/camouflage (helping refugees) chitenous shell (maybe it hardens the walls) controls those springs out the side of the cliffs that were mentioned earlier. (washes away invaders)