Re: Vexillae

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 03:01:19 +0000

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 02:00:15AM +0000, donald_at_... wrote:
> I don't think that will ever happen, several of the 48 Lunar units
> you mention are bodyguards who are unlikely ever to leave Glamour
> so I don't see a mainly Lunar army ever appearing in the field.

I'd agree with the latter part, but I wouldn't interpret the "Imperial Bodyguard" quite so restrictively (or indeed literally). Like any number of guards contingents in the RW (the SS being one of the more uncomfortably direct), it's far exceeded any such requirement in size, and is now in effect a contingent of structurally separate, ultra-loyal 'crack' troops.

After all, the don't print counters of 'em just so's they can stack in Glamour the whole time! But this is much more glorantha-board territory, I'll hush now...

Cheers,
Alex.