Re: Coopting Heler & other lunar assaults.

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:14:09 +1100

>"Slime ascends the citadel and flows over the walls (It turns to
>water and flows away.)"
>
>This certainly sounds like an invocation of chaos to me - perhaps
>Porcharngo or the Gorp god? The response is particularly cool -
>changing things is classic Lanarsti magic so here we have an
>excellnt use for Broyan's Lanarsti!

I was thinking 'gorp' as I typed it in. And, yes this is certainly a job for a Sartar-type Transformer, be s(he) Larnsti or mega Issaries. Broyan's Larnasti, as I think Ian has mentioned, are warriors and escapologists, but noticeably lacking in change magic.

Like several of the OID descriptions, as presented this is background colour and narrative flow, but doesn't actually suggest much for PC types to do, except duck weave, or humoin (what the durultz do). 'The Cradle' syndrome' again.

>The other is the demigod burrowing under the walls - who is he? An
>earth spirit, if so why does the earth awake to repell him? Other
>possibilities include karshtkids, troll gods or mostali. Other

I must confess to a poetic/dramatic liberty here. OID mentions two demigods and an awesome struggle. I changed the second to 'the Earth Herself' just to bring Ernalda into things.

More Orlanthi propaganda. You have to watch me on things like that. :)

Cheers

John