Re: Whitewall Landscape Daimons

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:26:54 -0000

Mitch and Oliver hold some similar thoughts to my own...
> Something similar occured to me on the way home tonight the Lunars
> might be able to awaken some of the defeated monsters and sick 'em
on
> the fortress. Another possible magical attack. The residual sea
> magic may be part of the reason why people can be spirited out of
the
> fortress.

... but I'm not really that passionate on the issue, just intrigued. Pro-Orlanthi daimones as manifestations of victory are fine by me. Though I had a bizarre Colonel Kilgore reference when I read that. :)

What I am interested in, however, is a little further embellishment on the magical form of Whitewall. I like your enlarged myth, Oliver. If we go on the idea that it is effectively marble (for example as Jane as written on), then that's a rock that can display a really aesthetic glistening translucency at times.

How about the concept that on the Helamakt holy day that symbolises this victory, elements of the myth play out again on the geology? Beneath the shining veneer of the marble the whole cliffs seem to swirl slowly--perhaps imperctibly, until one is attuned to the mythic currents--as the half-evident bodies of the denizens of the deep twirl in hypnotic repetition of the battle. Accompanied by other aural phenomena and charged atmosphere.

'Twould create quite a sight for besieged and besieger alike.

Cheerio,

Stu.