DUCK: Desperately Seeking Sedenya

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:45:00 -0000

Firstly a quick thanks to Oliver and Jane for the thoughts and efforts on the rocks piece!

It is a shocking indictment of this group that a while has passed since we last discussed the durulz. It's perhaps even more distressing that people assume them to be on the *defenders' side*!

Since I've run out of useful ideas, I thought I'd pass on this little piece--a character of mine that has sadly been relegated to NPC status by want of gaming. Here's his narrative. I personally think he would make an excellent addition to the Lunar Staff, or he could be serving in the field with his regiment, the Blue Dragoons. I'm also being moderately serious :)

LUCIUS PTARMIGANUS "Fw-fwends… W-Wuh-W-Woonars… Doowulz!"

Lucius the Heortling durulz was brutally teased as a duckling for his clubflipper and stammer. Excluded from pondgames, he took lonely walks through the Upland Marsh, dreaming of winning battles, approval and glory. Seeking inclusion, he did not flee when the Moon Warriors came, but embraced the Lunar Way. He fell head-over-flippers in love with JarEel the Razoress, who innocently gifted the besotted Sedenyite a lock of her hair. A devotee of Yanafal Tarnils, Lucius' thoughts on marshland operations and tactics proved quite profound, leading to a commission in the Blue Dragoons, and his loyal Pelandan squad are quick to defend their officer from anatidaephobic comrades.

ITEMS: Lock of JarEel's Hair 16, Ill-fitting Oversized Toga 13, Lunar Military Panoply.