Re: FOUNDATION: Progress of the Siege

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:39:52 GMT

In message <20040309072716.7717.qmail_at_...> =?iso-8859-1?q?Jane=20Williams?= writes:
> --- donald_at_... wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of a Shagashi HQ which allows them to open a route from hell
>> directly into the fortress. Nice closely fought start to the siege
>> with a force of Humatki just managing to kill the Shargasi and sever
>> the route to hell before the rest of the army can threaten the main walls.
>
>Very nice!
>
>Why do the Shargashi not repeat this later, since it clearly nearly worked?
>
>Did the Humakti kill most of them off? Trap them in Hell?

I certainly envisage they are all dead or dumped back into hell by the end of the fight. I'm in two minds about having the leader ressurected to return in 1621 for another go. They don't try in between due to some combination of - they aren't there, the Lunar general doesn't want them, the Shargashi leader is disgraced because the early assault was his idea or the surprise they achieved the first time wouldn't exist for a repeat.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/