RE: Kallyr's family

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:54:58 +0000 (GMT)

Me:
> We do
> > now know from OiD that she spent a lot of time
> working
> > with the Culbrea, which confirms my thought that
> she
> > had no clan in the Kheldon to go back to.

Jeff:
> Works for me. Must have been a pretty small clan.:)

Yep. Stringing together info about her dad and her grandmother, it seems to have been a Peace clan with a healing tradition. A few of us decided to pick the White Quartz as the name (one of her Companions is from it), mainly on a "why not?" basis rather than any evidence.

> Quite a few distant relatives of the Sartar Royal
> House survived though.

Very distant, in both blood and miles, as I understand it.

> One complaint that the several Colymar elders had
> about Kallyr is that
> even prior to 1613, she loudly boasted of her
> descent from the House of Sartar.

If she was trying to make herself Prince of Sartar, this would make sense.

> Good King Kallai thought she was
> contemptible and a braggart -
> the tribes should look to the Colymar for
> leadership,

Not that he'd be biased, of course ;)

> Kangarl thinks she is a poor warleader (he
> fought with her during Starbrow's Rebellion)

And he may have a point.

> and an empty-headed fool.

erm....

> BTW, in my game, there are distant descendents of
> Saronil living on the
> Starfire Ridge in the Orlmarth clan (my potential
> Argrathi). They are
> quite silent about their matrilineal lineage
> although it is known to most of the Woodpeckers.

(checking notes) Onelisin's descendants, yes? Minara, Arene, Yanioth. Probably Argrath's foster family.

> I think that quite a few Colymar make it to
> Whitewall ... Blackmoor purges the clans
> of Leika's supporters.

Looks good to me.

> Leika's presence makes WW a natural stronghold for
> outlawed Colymar.

Especially those specifically outlawed for being her supporters!

> They hate the Lunars and should be deeply involved
> in the Bat-Blat (it is hard to imagine how much
> damage the Crimson Bat
> did to some of the Colymar clans).

The Bat hit Runegate and Boldhome, as I understood it?

> Kangarl should be a very very very dangerous foe for
> the defenders -
> someone who can figure out what the defenders are
> actually doing. He
> also knows Kallyr's tactics and fighting techniques

(well, as they were in 1613)

> - and I think he is
> a better military leader and tactician than Kallyr.

Probably, at least in straight battle. But how does he compare with Broyan? Or Minaryth?

> Does that help?

Yeah!

How does Leika feel about Kangarl?

Jane Williams