Herewardi

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:46:35 +0000 (GMT)

> I'm on my third day at a new job down here in sinai,
> so my ability to follow a list as fast-paced as this
> is limited - as jane can tell you i'm not even
> managing to cope with our pbem at the moment.

(grin) It's always possible that asking me and Reinier, of all people, to produce *more* IC text to justify our augments was a mistake :) As a means of limiting augments, it doesn't work. Not on us.

> Jane, could you be the designated
> driver for hereward, at least so far as known
> background material goes? I can prepare more
> detailed stuff for you as time goes on.

Yep. I'd suggest we take discussion off this list and over to our own (the SG one) and me, Tim, Reinier and you when you have time can sort it there.

Tim, think we could fit this into the existing Wiki site? This is your PC's backstory we're talking about here :)

> ... retreating from Whitewall in late storm season
1620.

Is that definite, or could it have been earlier? Remembering I've just introduced a bit of backstory that makes it quite important that Dori has never heard of the White Quartz, so I want her out of there before this has any public significance.

> The temple numbered no
> more than 100 at the beginning of Whitewall, is my
> guess. I'd say 75% casualties.

I had 90%: OK, same dramatic impact. Given that most units break and run before 30%.

For the rest of you: we're talking about a bunch of Humakti, if you hadn't guessed, with add-on weirdos and ducks. Could well be the mob who hit the Shargashi, and undoubtedly spent some time at Tarkalor's Gate, or that nasty breach in the wall (maybe within 10 sec of it being formed? just kick that Bat out of it first...). We know were were there for the Bat. But ground-based.

Hereward Truewind is a herocult/subcult of Humakt, ex-follower of Arkat who disgreed with Makla Mann about leaders who order you to do dishonourable things. The legion does *not* give oaths of obedience to anyone outside the subcult (but will take hires). By Humakti standards, takes Honour far too seriously. Oh, and *we* think the legion wyter is the Unbreakable Sword, but we probably don't want that in the public version of Whitewall. We'd end up with Balastor's Axe Syndrome. (If you have ten Unbreakable Swords in one place, do they merge?)
"Truewind" is his extra Affinity, and yes, that means wind powers. Pretty limited by Orlanthi standards, to do with truth, severing things, and the North Wind. We suspect the sub-cult side is actually "Humath" as was, but are still investigating/inventing.

> Jane - we need to decide whether to leave some
> ambiguity about the events surrounding the herewardi
> action, and then run the flashback game, or whether
> to simply to collaborate as a gaming group to create
> background material....

Collaborate. And link in with this, so our story fits the one here, and a less detailed version of it can be used as background for Whitewall.

> It depends what the timeline
> for the products of this list are. Is there enough
> time to generate material from play, especially
> given the pace of pbem gaming?

Given *our* pace of PBeM gaming, no way! And we are not short of material to game through.

Jane Williams