Re: Re: Scathach the Iron Shrew

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:58:30 +0000 (GMT)

> While I think Scathach is a very fine name indeed,
> and very *apt* -
> 'she who strikes fear', I wonder if the structural
> similarities to
> the original owner might not cause confusion? Or
> should we run with
> them and even expand on the mythic similarities?

I prefer the second option myself.

> Sword Mistress who taught many heroes. Hmmmmm.

How old is she now? Older than Broyan? And what did she do earlier in her life? Ex-Vingan who grew out of it? She must have clan affiliations now to be a "prize" in alliances. Children from previous relationships?

You know, if at least some of the Vingans present have known her in the past as another Vingan and vastly senior to them, that could be *very* interesting. Division between "why did she abandon our cult?" and automatic obedience.

> Prophetess of gloom and doom, given to pronouncing
> the deaths of warriors in chilling detail.

Nice! Though I'd avoid over-doing the detailed predictions. They cause GMs problems, because they have to come true.

> At war with a warrior woman (Aoife). Definitely!!!!!

Which one were you thinking of? I can see all sorts of options here.

Jane Williams