RE: Re: Melisande, Narib, et al.

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:47:35 -0800

> > Why does Broyan, an ultratraditionalist, want to forge an alliance
> > with the Esvulari? Why can't it be, for example, PCs seeking any
> > sort of help hiring Sir Narib's Company? They turn up much to
> > Broyan's shock and hang around a few weeks before being told
> > to leave. Hanging everything on Broyan is reducing the PCs to
> > mere spectators IMO.

Not really. Those who are familiar with my long-running ToDP game will probably agree that the PCs were never the central figures in what was going on, but they were certainly not mere spectators. In Malan's Last Charge (still somewhere on David Dunham's website), the PC's were heavily involved in an important battle and in making political deals, but the central figures were NPCs. Wouldn't you agree Dave?

> For PCs in this crisis forms the drama of this part of Whitewall. Do
> they want the Esvulari to stay or to go. The Illiad is about the
> conflict within the Greek camp and the crisis caused by Achilles
> withdrawal from the field. That's the feel we are after surely.

Yep. I think this is good drama. I'm sure there will be many such conflicts on the Orlanthi side.

Jeff