Re: Re: Melisande, Narib, et al.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:23:23 +1300

At 10:30 PM 3/10/04 +0000, you wrote:

>Note that a later section of that write up refers to the uncle who
>denounces Rikard.

         "Even when your uncle Haurlev turned against Rikard, he
         took the path of honor, personally seeking an audience
         with the tyrant to denounce him.  Aeol bless his honest
         soul, we miss Haurlev so, but still we are proud of him."

Nothing about secret collaboration with traditional enemies as far as I can see.

> > Nary a mention of dealing with Broyan who has long been opposed to
> > the Esvulari themselves.

>And I am not proposing that all the Esvulari do. Just a handful of
>rebels, mainly from families replaced by Rikard's men (a la Willelm
>the Bloody).

Haurlev's martyrdom speaks clearly about the socially acceptable ways of opposition among the Esvulari.

>The whole point is that Broyan is 'long opposed to the
>Esvulari themselves'. That is what creates the tension within their
>ranks.

Why should Broyan be seeking allies among the Esvulari? I'm still not getting a clear idea of the story that you are suggesting.

--Peter Metcalfe