Re: PEOPLE: Broyan and the Larnsti

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:25:08 -0000

>I don't know about the rest of this list, but when I read the entry
>for Hardrard the Green the first time, I assumed he was a Larnsti
>who was elected as counter-king to Andrin, but lacking popular
>support in Gardufar and Karhend he holed up at Whitewall.

I always assumed that Hardrard the Green was a tribal king (of the Volsaxi tribe, perhaps of the Volsaxi confederation), who led his people out of the 'kingdom of Heortland'. He's not dated but I've often wondered if he united the people who rejected the pharoah but don't want to go north across the Crossline. In other words I didn't see him as a Larnsti contender for the throne of Heortland, just a rebel leader. However I think the Larnsti interpetation is an equally viable reading.

But I did not see Hardrad orhis successors as Vingkotling High Kings. Let's leave that trick for Broyan.