RE: Re: CHARACTERS: Broyan

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:10:31 +1300

Jeff wrote:

>Me> Pointing out that Heort made a clear break from the Vingkotling
> > ways is not being hung up. I do not believe the ways can blur
> > into one another, given Heort's opposition to the Hidden Kings.

>At which point in the myth?

After he made the clear break.

>Peter, I think you are approaching this too
>much like a linear text. It isn't. Or at least it doesn't have to be.

I know very well what the myths are and how the Orlanthi approach them. The passage does not support very well an authentic mystical interpretation about becoming the Vingkotling High King by destroying one. It is an incidental sideshow after Heort endures the crucial I Fought We Won battle.

--Peter Metcalfe