RE: Re: CHARACTERS: Broyan

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:16:29 +0000 (GMT)

> One RW figure that I have been wanting to use as a
> partial inspiration
> for Broyan and his fanatical companions is Andrew
> "Old Hickory" Jackson

Googling....

This seems to be the name of an American president 1829�37 lived 1767 to 1845. Same guy?
Scotch-Irish, orphaned in the Revolution, military hero, duellist. "He was one of the greatest of generals, and wholly ignorant of the art of war", someone said. One of his duels was fought over a gambling incident, so we can add that to Broyan's list of low-class hobbies.

Yes, lots of things we can borrow here.
"He was also the first president to be the target of an assassination attempt, albeit by a madman who thought he was heir to the British throne." Read "Sartarite"....

Oh, and he had no kids but adopted one of his wife's nephews.

Jane Williams