Re: Re: CHARACTERS: Broyan

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:06:42 GMT

In message <20040313121049.7464.qmail_at_...> =?iso-8859-1?q?Jane=20Williams?= writes:

>Can we make something of his relationships with women?
>The impression I get is that he just isn't into
>long-term relationships. Possibly he's one of those
>who's interested until he's "scored", then the
>challenge is gone. Crude, I know, but...?
>(Could explain why his friendship with Kallyr has
>lasted this long??)

Perhaps he just doesn't relate to women as women, he's fine with someone like Kallyr because he can treat her as a comrade in arms. What he can't cope with is building up emotional relationships involving family and home. So women are attracted to him as the great leader but then either fall out with him "Because he doesn't really love me" or become doormats who are replaced by the latest attraction. Then there are the women who will take one look at him and think "What do they see in him?" Must have one of those to provide a bit of tension.

Makes Broyan a bit of a Tony Blair/Bill Clinton character.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/