Re: Imperial Army ranks

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:06:40 GMT

Jane Williams writes:

>And telling us what you mean by the word "regiment"
>would help, too. Is that 100 troops? 1000? 10,000?

It's on the page I've done listing Lunar Army strengths, about a 1000 infantry or 500 cavelry. I've also used company for units of about 1/10 of a regiment which possibly isn't as clear.

And before anyone argues, I know they're not Lunar terms but the same principle applies as for generals.

>Yes, please!
>The titles are colour.
>"Takes orders from..."
>"Gives orders to..."
>"Commands a total of X troops"
>That's meaningful.

It's not quite that simple in the Lunar army.

>Saying a title means the same as some other title
>we've never heard of either doesn't help.

Precisely.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/