Re: Re: Imperial Army ranks

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:47:27 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, Stu.
I agree with your proposition about the army: let's use the Lunar titles for the sake of clarity. BTW, I don't think that imperial officers would prefer traditional leaders instead of Lunar ones. Their leaders are both traditional and Lunar in the sense that Jorkandros is probably a Lunar also (even if Dara Happan). The sky pantheon and the yelm pantheons are fully compatible with the Lunar pantheon.
A Tarshite will probably argue with a Sairdite or a Sylilan but that's because they belong to different regiments and are used to fight shoulder to shoulder anyway because that's their job.
They are professionals, after all.
Much like Wellington army, to draw a comparison. Orlanthi aren't professional soldiers, except for the Humakti and the (rare) warbands. That's a great difference in the way they see the battle, IMO.

Gian

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam http://mail.yahoo.com