Re: Volsaxi, Volsaxar, Vingkot

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:12:48 -0800 (PST)

Jeff:

> However, when ***** Earl of Gardufar was selected
> High King, the Volsaxi rebelled. King Hardrand the
> Green - a member of the Larnsti brotherhood - was
> proclaimed High King of the Hendreiki
> despite of the Pharaoh's acknowledgement of the King
> of the Heortlendings.

So, this is where we get the first specific association between the Volsaxi kings and the Larnsti (as opposed to the general association that would be true of lots of Heortlendings).

> The Volsaxi aided Prince Tarkalor in conquering the
> Kitori and formed the Volsaxar Confederation with
> the other liberated tribes (Bacofi, Curtali, and
> Sylangi).

I think this is where we should specifically say that the Volsaxi brought the Larnsti to help the liberation from the Kitori. Their prior association with the royal line of the Volsaxi would be helpful. It also ties the Larnsti nicely to "freedom from foreign oppressors" rather than American libertarian notions. So, if Broyan descended from or related to Hardrand? Seems like he must be.

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam http://mail.yahoo.com