Re: FOUNDATION: Numbers at the Siege

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:50:21 -0000

Jane:
> Might I suggest that the list of units present is
> firmly marked "No-one can make you do anything!"?
>
> Make it absolutely clear that they're *meant* to pick
> and choose.

The only reason I go one tiny step further is that it seems that ragtag  band of defenders are getting a characterful and colourful bunch of herobands, foreign helpers and warriors! We Lunars must try and compare on an evocative level. :)

In any narrative the descriptions of 'lunar forces' or 'lunar heavy infantry' might clash against these and fall somewhat flat. A *couple* of seeded descriptions might allow writers to give the besieging army a greater colour, propose ideas of how a regiment works to those 'not in the know', and offer good info to those who might want to run the siege with minimal personal work.

For example a few notes along the lines of those in BA or OiD, for a couple of regiments, could provide a useful resource. Rather than hampering GMs room for ingenuity, I'd hope they might produce 'nucleation points' for good (better?) ideas of their own!

I agree with room for manoeuvre. There's no *ducks* in Martin's list!

Cheerio,

Stu.