Re: Re: Lighthouse

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:29:14 +0000 (GMT)

> Naturally, Whitewall, given its importance and
> situation might house
> its own great beacon, being at the northernish end
> of this chain?

Yes! Love it! I don't know if that's what it was originally intended for, but we have to have a beacon chain.

Never mind the film, that's grabbing large chunks of History, too. I have an idea that the Dover Lighthouse was actually used as part of the beacon chain (erm, network) that was setup to warn us of an incoming Armada. May be wrong, but it fits. I wish I could find my copy of the Tudor map of the beacon network, it was wonderful :(

Jane Williams