RE: City Outline & Neighbourhoods - Sketch Map

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:45:50 -0800

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Jonathan Quaife [mailto:jonathan.quaife_at_...]
	Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 4:37 PM
	To: whitewall_at_yahoogroups.com
	Subject: Re: City Outline & Neighbourhoods - Sketch
Map

        I'm with you on the mines.... but do feel that a client farming population,

        in the valleys outside of the defensible parts, should still be a factor.

        These would explain a large population figure for the city while at the same

        time make absolutely no difference to the practicable defensible size of the

        bit we're all discussing here. IMO Gloranthan cities can often be a bit too

        small....

        Cheers,

        Jon.

        I don't think Whitewall was reoccupied for any reason other than its

        defensibility. Hendreik and the early Hendreiki kings took up residence

        at Whitewall after the Gbaji Wars, but then abandoned it because of it

        inaccessibility. Centuries later Hardrand the Green relocated the

        Volsaxi capital to Whitewall during his war with the Pharaoh and King

        Let's not have mines or other economically valuable reasons to be there