The city under siege

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:58:31 -0000

Stu:
> I could bring this back on topic by suggesting that this durulz
> acting troupe is holed up in Whitewall during the siege. But I value
> my health...

You have got a point, though: with all those warriors inside the city, we need some entertainers, marketenders, and "sexual release force". Then there will have to be healers, craftspeople, builders, and some lowlife caring little that it is a war situation.

I assume that Broyan's royal household had a bunch of non-military retainers performing such services to him, his followers, and his permanent guests. There may be some influx of other non-combatants during less watchful phases of the siege - some during Jorkandros' vigil, some more after the BatBlat.

To pick up an old threat: I dislike the bleeding of Moo-Cows. We are playing with mythical themes, here, aren't we? So let's find one of those beasts you can slaughter over and over again as long as you put all the bones back into its hide. Orlanth had one, Ernalda will have some Horn of Plenty equivalent. Probably the never-ending porridge or something similarly gruelsome.

What's the equine situation within the city? Who is the Redaldan stable-mistress of Broyan's?

Someone mentioned incendiary artillery fire into the city. Well, there goes the hay storage.

What kind of fuel do the besieged use? Are there stockpiles of peat or charcoal?