RE: Funerals?

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:02:11 -0800

> >I think the Lunars started it, either by not considering the issue
> >or deliberately to damage Orlanth. Some of the defenders were
outraged,
> >demanded revenge and Broyan agreed. I see Lunar heads being stuck on

> >spikes on the wall with the bodies being thrown down those steep
cliffs.
> Further thoughts - this is precisely what the Crimson Bat does,
> destroying the souls of the dead. So we have a young hothead who
> sees his father killed by the Bat and swears an oath to see the
> Lunars prevented from going to their afterlife and somehow finds
> a way to do it - is there an Orlanthi hell he could trap them in?
> something frozen and dark where the air never moves?

Hmmm. Interesting idea.

I'm pretty sure a variation of this theme will be present with the Colymar contingent in the Bat-Blat. Many many Colymar lost their ancestors' souls at Runegate and they seek vengeance. They may even be aided by their surviving clan ancestors. I even think that the Black Spear may be used.