Re: Masteries

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:41:22 -0800

> > The Oid/BA NPCs were built using their followers as
> > AP batteries, rather than augmentors.
>
> Ah, thanks, that explains a lot. So unless you're only
> doing Extended contests, they need to be rebuilt
> anyway (sigh).
>
> At least it makes sense now.

Sorry. There's so many ways to use that number of followers in contests that we felt better just choosing one. Plus, the auto augment rules were just being discussed and hadn't settled on 1/10, so augment numbers could easily have been off (and may still be, if we didn't catch them all...)

To re-jigger the Synopsis numbers:
Eliminate the (+xx AP) from the Contest Synopsis boxes Remember that edges (^x) turn into Bonuses (+x) at a 1-1 rate (ie a ^3 edge turns into a +3 bonus).
An initate/devotee will have up to 3 affinities that can be used to augment - look over the affinities, and if they fit the particular situation, use them as an auto augment.
If you use the follower as an AP battery, then the edges and augments will be used on the follower before he loans his AP. Otherwise, they'll be used on the Leader.

Some followers are better at their boss in some situations. In that case, the follower's ability is used as the primary, and the leader will augment the follower (Bodyguards with combat abilities are the first of this type to come to mind...)

RR
- Richelieu