Re: Outside the gates?

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:24:53 -0000

Donald asked:

> >I thought we had the Bat create a breach somewhere?
> >With the good narrative reason of giving the defenders
> >something to defend? Leave all the walls intact, and
> >they can just sit at the top of those cliffs and thumb
> >their noses at the Lunars.
>
> If the breach is easily accessible from an early stage there's no
> reason for Tatius's massive magical and troop build up. He would
> be able to mount an effective assault on the breach at the end of
> 1620. I envisage the key being Tarkalor's Gate. With that in Lunar
> hands the breach can be forced pretty easily but without that
> there's just no way of getting enough troops to the breach.

That's the beauty of the Bat being an aerial attacker. Unfortunately for the Lunars the breech it made was at the top of a vertical cliff and hence useless.

Now I have a weird idea. I wonder if Broyan gets the lost Black Beauty (the ram from the Whitewall Flock) to come and attack the Bat when the walls are threatened. At the very least he'd act as a distraction for it.

Oliver