Re: Whitewall - tactical scale map, death star Whitewall

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:42:43 -0000

Joerg:

> Which brings me to another question: what part of the Plateau/Tor
>has been piled up by Helamakt, and what part existed prior to that
>attack so that Destor could visit during the Downward Migration?
>What exactly did Helamakt defend here, an important site or just a
>border?

Ah, this is what happened during Helamakt's Battle Against the Waves:

The waves had surged over the land and given challenge to all the Storm Tribe. Only Helamakt was present to give battle though. The battle started at the edge where the land should by rights meet the sea. But Helamakt was sorely outnumbered and hard pressed so he was forced back from the shore. The waters pushed him back until he reached his brother Destor's Hills. There Helamakt vowed to make his stand. By then the fighting had been so hot and heavy that Helamakt was forced to drop his shield at Caughtarrow ridge. The waves tried to sneak behind him but he threw his Falling Wind at them and brought a cliff down on them. Other waves tried to wash away the Ammonite Face but Helamkat slew them. The Tor is where he piled up the sea monsters to make a solid footing for himself. That's why the Tor is higher than the rest of the surrounding land and why it is the area most heavily influenced by Helamakt.

Oliver